Emergency Vet in Floyds Knobs
Does your pet need emergency medical care? Call now for immediate assistance from our trained veterinary staff.
Hillside Animal Clinic provides comprehensive treatment services, hospitalization, and critical care for pet emergencies.
Our animal emergency center is equipped with the latest diagnostic equipment and technologies to help our veterinary experts assess your pet’s health.
If your pet requires a service that we cannot provide, we’ll refer you to an appropriate 24-hour emergency animal hospital. Call our office now for help.
After Hours Pet Emergencies
During business hours, we welcome pet emergencies in Floyds Knobs at Hillside Animal Clinic and encourage you to call us before coming in with your pet emergency. Please note that in some cases a referral to an emergency facility may be the best for your pet and would be happy to help guide you.
We offer after hours emergency services for our large animal patients (horses, cows, alpacas, etc). If an emergency should arise after hours, a doctor will be paged and can arrange a farm call. We are not staffed 24 hours, and a veterinarian is not at the hospital at all times, but after paged, they will generally return your call within 15-20 minutes.
For all other urgent needs, or if we are unavailable, we recommend you contact the following emergency pet hospitals in Southern Indiana & Kentucky
|Blue Pearl Pet Hospital
|13160 Magisterial Dr
Louisville, KY 40223
|Metropolitan Veterinary Specialty & Emergency Services
|11800 Capital Way
Louisville, KY 40299
|Jefferson Animal Hospital & Regional Emergency Center
|4504 Outer Loop
Louisville, KY 40219
|IndyVet Emergency & Specialty Hospital
|5425 Victory Dr
Indianapolis, IN 46203
What is considered a pet emergency?
In most cases, the following conditions are too risky to wait before seeking treatment:
- Injury from a traumatic accident or from an attack by another animal
- Prolonged diarrhea or vomiting that contains blood
- Collapse or loss of consciousness
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen and or painful abdomen
- Foaming at the mouth
- Swallowing a foreign object
- Ingestion of a toxic object
- Difficulty urinating
Emergency Tests & Diagnostics
During your pet’s stay, we provide the highest-quality care and attention. All hospitalized patients are kept in a specialized treatment area where they are closely monitored.
Our vet team is skilled in offering surgical, diagnostic, and medical care and work with compassion and efficiency to ensure a positive outcome.
We offer the latest diagnostics and testing for our urgent care patients at our emergency veterinary clinic, including:
- Blood Analysis. A blood analysis can help us determine what is wrong with your dog or cat if they are experiencing an unknown illness or have ingested a toxic substance.
- Digital X-rays. X-rays help us determine what kind of internal injuries your pet might be experiencing after a fight or accident involving a car.
- Surgery. Sometimes pets need to be brought into surgery to repair internal injuries.
- Fracture Repair. We set broken bones / fractures for animals to help them heal quickly and properly. Your pet's veterinarian will also help relieve your pet's pain during the healing process.
- Medication. Medicines may be necessary to help your pet recover from a medical emergency or illness. We keep a range of pet medication on hand to ensure that your pet's needs are covered.
For more information on our emergency vet services or to book an appointment, please call our office as soon as possible.